Rene-Robert Cavelier’s ship LaBelle and is located in Palacios, TX on Tres Palacios and Matagorda Bays. The vessel is 30 feet long 8 feet wide and displaces about 15,000 lbs.
La Petite Belle is part of the LaSalle Odyssey. The stated mission is to:
* Build a tourist attraction for Palacios
* Serve as an ambassador for Palacios
* Establish the Palacios claim on this historic event
* Compliment the La Salle exhibit at the museum.
* La Salle Odyssey Destination (Texas Historical Commission)
* Icon for historic education on LaSalle and his expedition
* Project an image of sailing vessels of the time.
* Develop a 17th Century Sailing School for crew (not fully established yet)